The movement to revive the primitive Christian Church refers to a variety of individuals and movements which sought to restore the church to the original teachings and practices of the early Christian church of the New Testament. They saw simplicity and purity as essential elements of church life and generally rejected the additions, developments and traditions that had accumulated over the centuries.
Restorationists have existed in every generation since the 2nd century but it was in the 20th century that there was a concerted effort by many leaders to examine, teach and promote the idea that God was actively and consistently restoring his church across the world, throughout history.
This section of the Revival Library will show that the gradual development of church restoration is an historical fact and that revivals have played a major part in this process.
Currently, the section is quite sparse, but we will add more articles as time permits.
- One Body in Christ – Introduction
- 1. Our Present Dilemma
- 2. The Center of Christianity Throughout History
- 3. Points of Division
- 4. The True Center of Christianity
- 5. Understanding Faith and True Unity
- 6. The Only Pathway to Unity
- 7. Paul, John and Peter
- 8. The Essential Nature of the Ekklesia
- 9. What About Sects and Denominations?
- 10. Various Issues Clarified
- 11. Romanism as the Origin Sectarianism
- 12. Is This Unity Possible?